Emotional Robot Kyle Langley has just written his second book on game development.
Learning Unity iOS Game Development
For those of you who are interested in developing games for iOS, you can pick up his book from Amazon or visit your local fine book store to pick up a hard copy.
We are super proud of you Kyle, congrats on the new book!
For more info on Kyles work, please check out his website:
Kyle Langley Portfolio
Whats in the book?
Build exciting games with Unity on iOS and publish them on the App Store
About This Book
- Take advantage of Unity 5’s new tools to create a fully interactive mobile game
- Learn how to connect your iTunes developer account and use Unity 5 to communicate with it
- Use your Macintosh computer to publish your game to the App Store
Who This Book Is For
This book is for iOS developers who want to learn how to build games with Unity for the iOS platform. Some prior experience in game development would be useful.
What You Will Learn
- Create your own iTunes Connect Developer account and create an app within it
- Set up iTunes Game Center features in iTunes Connect so you can use them within Unity 5
- Construct a game using C# that allows users to interactively control the game character
- Use Unity 5’s editor window to create a custom editor tool specific for the game made in the book
- Store and keep track of data so the player is able to collect in-game pick-ups that can be used to purchase in-game goods
- Use all game features so the player is able to fully navigate menus between the front menu and in the game state
- Make, test, and finally release builds so you can play on your device and then submit the game to Apple for review